Sentence Scramble Pocket Chart Activity with Cut and Paste Worksheets: St. Patrick’s Day
Directions for use
- Sentence Scramble Pocket Chart Center: Print the word/picture cards and laminate them for durability. Cut along the dotted lines to separate the cards. Each card is numbered to show the ones that belong together in a sentence. The aim is for children to arrange the cards in correct order to build a sentence, and then complete the corresponding cut and paste worksheet from the first set of pages.
- Cut and Paste Word Work: This activity is an easier alternative for children who cannot yet build sentences independently; they use the sentence on each page as a guide to order the words correctly. Using the word/picture cards for this activity is optional; activity prep is as outlined above.
You can use the worksheets in this book can be used while working with the entire class, in small groups, or individually. You can also be assigned as homework for additional practice to reinforce sight words and vocabulary learnt in the classroom.
St. Patrick’s Day Sentences included:
- St. Patrick’s Day is on March 17th.
- There is a clover on my hat.
- A shamrock has three leaves.
- I see a pretty rainbow.
- There are gold coins in the pot.
- Is there a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?
- The Irish flag is orange, white and green.
- I see a leprechaun.
- The leprechaun has a green hat.
- The leprechaun has brown boots.
- The leprechaun likes to dance.
- She made a trap for the leprechaun.
- The leprechaun took the pot of gold.
- The leprechaun is on the rainbow.
- The leprechaun is in the pot of gold.
- The leprechaun likes to eat cupcakes.
- The leprechaun made a potato man.
- The leprechaun made the toilet water green.
- The leprechaun left green footprints on the floor.
- The leprechaun is celebrating.
Happy Teaching 🙂