Sentence Scramble Pocket Chart Activity with Cut and Paste Worksheets: Winter
Directions for use
- Sentence Scramble Pocket Chart Center: Print the word/picture cards and laminate them for durability. Cut along the dotted lines to separate the cards. Each card is numbered to show the ones that belong together in a sentence. The aim is for children to arrange the cards in correct order to build a sentence, and then complete the corresponding cut and paste worksheet from the first set of pages.
- Cut and Paste Word Work: This activity is an easier alternative for children who cannot yet build sentences independently; they use the sentence on each page as a guide to order the words correctly. Using the word/picture cards for this activity is optional; activity prep is as outlined above.
You can use the worksheets in this book can be used while working with the entire class, in small groups, or individually. You can also be assigned as homework for additional practice to reinforce sight words and vocabulary learnt in the classroom.
Winter Sentences included:
- It is very cold in winter.
- I see a snowflake on the window.
- My snowman has a blue hat.
- She got hit with a snowball.
- Did Bob get a red scarf?
- Tim has a big snowball.
- Can he fish on the ice?
- She likes to go sledding.
- Pam has green boots.
- That boy is good at ice hockey.
- We can make a snow fort.
- Ken has on blue mittens.
- Who put marshmallows in my hot chocolate?
- The snowman is melting!
- Will the girl make a snow angel?
- Bears sleep in the winter.
- The arctic fox likes to ski.
- The caribou has a shovel.
- Is the arctic hare is on the sled?
- The penguin has a little egg!
- I see a little penguin!
- We like to ice skate.
Happy Teaching 🙂