Alphabet Playdough Mats / Play Dough Mats / Playdoh Mats
Alphabet Play Dough Mats with Correct Letter Formation and Pictures
About the Alphabet Play Dough Mats with correct letter formation
This download contains a set of alphabet play dough mats with correct letter formation and beginning sounds pictures for upper and lower case letters. The mats are available to print with a colored background or with a white background. Formation variations have been included for certain letters.
To prepare the play dough mats for use, print the pages you wish to use and laminate them for durability. Children roll long snake dough pieces and use them to form the letters on the cards.
While my aim in creating this sight words unit was for it to be used play dough, there are other uses for the cards, such as:
- Tracing cards – children can use their fingers to practice letter formation, or a dry-erase marker if you laminate the cards.
- Alphabet floor puzzles – children place the letters in order.
- Alphabet floor match – children match the lower case letter to the upper case letter.
- Beginning sound sorting floor mats – children sort items on top of the correct beginning letter.
- Find-the-pair game – print 2 copies and you can play a giant matching game! Turn the cards upside down and children take turns in flipping over 2 cards – if it’s a match, the child keeps the cards, if not, the cards are turned upside down again. Game play continues until all the cards have been matched. The child with the most pairs wins!
Happy Teaching 🙂