Thanksgiving Kindergarten Worksheets and Activities No Prep
This book contains a collection of math worksheets suitable for use with children in Kindergarten.
Thanksgiving Kindergarten Worksheets and Activities Contents:
- Thanksgiving syllables
Children say the name of each picture and show how many syllables each word contains by coloring the correct circle. Dot paints can also be used for this worksheet.
- Thanksgiving turkey lower case to upper case letter match (3 pages)
Children cut out the lower case circles and paste them on the turkey feather with the matching upper case letter.
- Thanksgiving alphabet sequence picture scramble puzzles (4 pages)
Children cut out the letter strips from the bottom of the page and arrange them in alphabetical order to reveal the hidden picture.
- Thanksgiving beginning sounds cut and paste (2 pages)
Children cut the pictures from the bottom of the page and paste them over the correct letter to show their beginning sounds.
- Thanksgiving write the beginning blend
Children determine the beginning blend for each picture and write it on the writing line.
- Thanksgiving write the missing middle sound (short vowels)
Children determine the middle short vowel sound for each picture and write it in the empty middle box.
- Thanksgiving long vowels
Children say the name for each picture in a given row, and then circle the ones that contain the sound of the long vowel identified in the first box.
- Thanksgiving word family turkeys cut and paste (2 pages)
Children cut the pictures from the right side of the page and paste them on the correct turkey.
- Thanksgiving match the pictures to the correct sentence cut and paste
Children read the basic sentence and demonstrate comprehension by pasting a picture next to the correct sentence.
- Thanksgiving match the punctuation mark to the correct sentence cut and paste
Children read the basic sentence and paste the corresponding punctuation mark at the end.
- Thanksgiving color by PRE-PRIMER sight words (2 pictures)
Children used the code on each page to color the Thanksgiving-themed pictures.
- Thanksgiving mystery PRE-PRIMER sight words (2 pages)
Children start by writing the beginning sound of each picture in the circles underneath them. Once an entire row has been completed, they will have written a sight word. Children read the mystery sight word and write it on the line.
- Thanksgiving write the missing sight word
Children write the missing sight word on the empty lines to complete each sentence.
- Thanksgiving punctuation
Children re-write the sentences correctly by adding capital letters and full stops.
- Label the turkey, pumpkin and Thanksgiving elements (3 pages)
Children cut the labels from the bottom of the page and paste them in the correct spot to label the contents of the page.
- Thanksgiving Dinner emergent reader – (color and B&W) with comprehension questions
Assembly is required by cutting each page in half and then stapling together on the left side where indicated. Children will have lots of fun coloring and reading this booklet! I have also included a colored version that teachers can use and keep in the classroom library. There are 2 comprehension sheets: one with pictures to indicate the page on which children can find the answer and another without pictures.
- Thanksgiving build-a-word booklet (17 words)
Print the pages you wish to use, cut them in half and staple together. Leave letter tiles on the right intact. Children write the words of the images displayed on each page in their booklets and then build the words using the letter tiles provided. I have also included writing lines if you wish for your students to create sentences with the words.
* Ink stamps or letters cut out from magazines can be used instead of the letter tiles included in this unit.*
- Thanksgiving turkey number sense cut and paste (numbers 1-10)
Children cut the feathers from the right side of the page and paste them next to the correct turkey with the corresponding number.
- Thanksgiving turkey number word and numeral match (numbers 1-10)
Children use the word bank at the top of the page to help the write the number words for each of the numerals.
- Thanksgiving turkey numbers before and after (numbers 1-20)
Children write the numbers that before and after the given number.
- Thanksgiving making 10 with Ten Frames (2 pages)
Children complete an addition sentence using the information available on their ten frame to show how many more are needed to make 10.
- Thanksgiving ten frame match (numbers 10-20)
Children cut and paste the numbers from the bottom of the page next to the correct ten (twenty) frame.
- Thanksgiving acorn cut and paste missing numbers – skip counting by 5s
Children cut the numbers from the bottom of the page and paste them in the correct spot to complete the number order.
- Thanksgiving greater number
Children identify which number of two is greater.
- Thanksgiving turkey addition with manipulatives (within 5 and 10) (2 pages)
Children cut out the pictures from the bottom of the page and use them to work out the addition equations on the page.
- Thanksgiving turkey subtraction with manipulatives (within 5 and 10) (2 pages)
Children cut out the pictures from the bottom of the page and use them to work out the subtraction equations on the page.
- Thanksgiving turkey patterns (AB/AAB/ABB/AABB/ABC/ABBC)
Children demonstrate the pattern indicated at the start of each row by using different colors to color the turkeys.
- Thanksgiving dinner halves
Children match the pictures from the bottom of the page to their halves.
- Thanksgiving then and now sorting
Children sort the objects to show the elements of Thanksgiving past and present.
- Thanksgiving measurement (weight)
Children cut and paste the pictures from the left hand side on the scales to make the weights true.
- Thanksgiving sequencing -life cycle of a pumpkin
Children cut the pictures from the bottom of the page and paste them in correct order to show the life cycle sequence of a pumpkin.
Happy Teaching 🙂