Autumn / Fall Kindergarten Literacy Worksheets and Activities No Prep
This book contains a collection of math worksheets suitable for use with children in Kindergarten during the fall season.
** American and Australian spelling included **
Autumn / Fall Kindergarten Literacy Worksheets and Activities Contents:
- Autumn tree alphabet match – upper to lower case letters (6 pages)
Children match the upper case letter to the correct lower case letter. They can use dot paints for this activity, or simply color or circle the correct match.
- Autumn leaves missing letters cut and paste (2 pages)
Children cut out the letters from the bottom of the page and paste them in the correct spot to complete each letter sequence.
- Pumpkin letter and word sorting – cut and paste
Children cut out the letters and words from the bottom of the page and paste them in the correct column.
- Autumn how many words in a sentence? (with and without counting dots)
Children count the words in each sentence. For children finding this difficult, I have also included a page with counting dots.
- Autumn beginning sounds (2 pages)
Children determine the beginning sound for each word and color a circle to show their answer.
- Autumn syllables (2 pages)
Children say the name of each picture and show how many syllables each word contains by colouring the correct circle. Dot paints can also be used for this worksheet.
- Autumn beginning blends
Children determine the beginning blend for each word and color a circle to show their answer.
- Squirrel and acorns word families cut and paste (5 pages)
Children cut the word tiles from the bottom of the page and paste them next to the correct word family squirrel.
- Autumn rhyming cut and paste
Children say the name of the pictures in each box and find the rhyming match at the bottom of the page.
- Pumpkin pre-primer & primer sight word matches
Children color the pumpkins that contain the focus primer sight word. This page can be cut in half to work on only a specific word.
- Autumn pictures to sentence match cut and paste
Children read the basic sentence and demonstrate comprehension by pasting the matching picture next to the it.
- Autumn write the missing sight words
Children use the picture clues in the first box to work out what the sentence is about. They then complete each of the sentences by writing the most suitable sight word from the top box on each line.
- Autumn reading comprehension booklet and question page
Book assembly is required by cutting each page in half, stacking in order and then stapling together on the left side where indicated. Children read a short story and answer the comprehension questions by colouring the correct circle.
- Autumn build-a-word vocabulary booklet (11 words)
Assembly is required by cutting each page in half, then stapling together on the left side where indicated. Make sure NOT to cut off the section with the letter tiles! (Children need that section to build the word on the page.) Children trace the word on the page, build it using the letter tiles and then color the picture.
Happy Teaching 🙂